I am Dr.JananiA.V, born and brought up in Chennai, currently doing MD Radiology final year in Saveetha medical college. I did my schooling in M.A.K matriculation higher secondary school. I was not only an academic person but was also into sports, dance , arts and music. My hobbies are driving and photography.
- Secured consecutive first place in general proficiency from the academic year2001-2002 till 2007-2008 (6thstd to 12thstd)
- Secured 93.45 % in 10th standard (1028/1100) – School topper (Awarded cash prize of Rs.5000 and was given scholarship for 11th and 12th standard)
- Secured 94.25 % in 12th standard (1131/1200) – School topper (Awarded cash prize of Rs.5000)
ACHIEVEMENTS IN EXTRA-CURRICULAR ACTIVITIES:
- Secured consecutive INDIVIDUAL SPORTS CHAMPIONSHIP in ANNUAL SPORTS MEET from 2004 till 2007.
- First prize in inter-school drawing competition conducted by computer point –February 2005
- Certificate of appreciation for excellence in the inter-school science exhibition “EXPO-2004” held on 29/10/2004 conducted by Velankanni group of schools.
- First place in south Chennai educational district level science exhibition held at Madras Christian college higher secondary school on 16/11/20116 in the topic INDUSTRY and ENVIRONMENT
- Third place in south Chennai educational district level science exhibition held at Madras Christian college higher secondary school on 16/11/20116 in the topic ENERGY
- Third prize in inter-school group dance competition held on 14/11/2003 conducted by AnnaiVeilankanni matriculation higher secondary school
- Winner of Disney ulagam little stars drawing and painting inter-school competition conducted by Disney ulagam on Sun TV
- Merit certificate in the Children’s Art competition held on 4th August 2000
- First prize in inter-school drawing competition held on 21/03/1998
- Merit certificate in the GREEN MILLENIUM drawing competition held on 14/11/2000
- Third prize in inter-school competition (WEALTH from WASTE) HELD ON 6/8/2005
- Elected as School pupil leader (SPL) for 4 years and actively participated in inter-school Annual Leader’s meet conducted by Velammal matriculation higher secondary school
- Awarded “All India Reynolds scholarship 2003” for academics and overall excellence.
- Awarded “THE BEST GUIDE” in the year 2005 and have participated in many district camps.
I was interested in the field of medicine right from my childhood with a vision of becoming a successful doctor and opted for biology group in 11th standard. I completed my high school with a score of 94.25 % and was awarded Rs.5000 cash prize for being the school topper.
My dream of becoming a doctor started with Saveetha medical college where I was nurtured not only with academics but also imbibed with professional ethics. Much importance was given in the field of research which made me achieve many research publications right in my undergraduate.
- Won 2nd prize in 2nd INTERNATIONAL STUDENT MEDICAL CONGRESS KOSICE (ISMCK’10) on 21st -24th of June 2010 Kosice , Slovakia for oral presentation where nearly 25 countries participated.
- Awarded the BEST OUTGOING STUDENT of the MBBS batch 2008-2014.
- Highest weighted average marks in all subjects – 1st rank in 1st MBBS, 3rd MBBS I, 3rd MBBS II. 3rd rank in 2nd MBBS.
- 2 international publications.
- 1 national publication.
- 3 paper presentation at international conferences.
- 3 research projects.
- 2nd prize for paper presentation in Annual conference by Women doctors association on 23rd October 2010.
- Awarded Smt. SURAPANENI JAYALAKSHMI GOLD MEDAL for securing the highest mark in biochemistry.
- Awarded ESTHER GOLD MEDAL for securing the highest mark in obstetrics and gynaecology.
ACHIEVEMENTS IN EXTRA-CURRICULAR ACTIVITIES:
- First place in shuttle in the Annual sports meet 2010-2011
- Runners in throw ball in the Annual sports meet 2010-2011
- First place in inter-batch group dance in annual cultural 2010-2011
- First place in inter-batch group fashion show in annual cultural 2010-2011
My journey in Saveetha medical college did not end up with this. I joined MD radiology here for having developed interest in the upcoming field of imaging and also because of the positive ever-inspiring support of my professor Dr. Saveetha Rajesh who inculcated in me a quest for excellence and perseverance.
Presented Scientific paper in internal conference – 28th EUROPEAN CONGRESS OF RADIOLOGY, 2nd – 6th March 2016, Vienna , Austria
- Presented Scientific poster in internal conference – 28th EUROPEAN CONGRESS OF RADIOLOGY, 2nd – 6th March 2016, Vienna , Austria
- Paper presentation in National IRIA conference held at Orissa , January 2016
- Paper presentation in State IRIA held at Chennai , December 2014.
- 3 poster presentations in National conferences
- 2 poster presentations in State conferences
- First prize in Quiz conducted by Stanley Medical College in STAR BASICS 2014.
- Cleared FRCR Part I Physics in June 2015.
- Cleared FRCR Part I Anatomy in September 2015.
Certificate of appreciation ( cash prize of Rs.2000) for oral presentation in State IRIA conference , Trichy - December 2015.
- Cleared FRCR Part IIA – Neuro-radiology, Gastrointestinal Radiology modules in March 2016.
- Third prize in grand quiz at KARE 2016 conducted by Kilpauk Medical College.
- Cleared FRCR Part IIA – Cardiovascular and respiratory radiology, Genito-urinary Radiology, paediatric radiology modules in September 2016.
- Cleared FRCR Part IIA –Musculoskeletal system radiology module in March 2017.
I have completed FRCR part 2Aby the end of MD.RD course. My future goal is to write DNB exam soon after the completion of MD course and also to complete the final FRCR part 2B to become fellow of Royal College of Radiologists and I am working towards it.
My journey in Saveetha medical college is almost 9 years. When I look back 9 years, how I was when I entered this university in 2008 and now how I am as I am about to end my student life here at Saveetha this 2017, the amount of transformation within me and the way I am moulded is tremendous in a positive outlook and I am sure I will be good clinical radiologist to the society rooted with ethics and empathy.
I am thankful to my parents for having trust in me, my both undergraduate and postgraduate teachers for their encouragement and guidance right from the budding stage of my medical career and the almighty for the blessings.